How do I have a public defender appointed to my case?

At your arraignment, you will have an opportunity to complete an Affidavit of Indigent Status form, and request the appointment of a public defender. A determination of indigent status will be made by the clerk based on the information in the Affidavit. If you are determined indigent by the clerk, a public defender will be appointed and a $50 application fee will be assessed. This application fee should be paid prior to any appointments with the Public Defender and may be paid on the 1st Floor of the M.C. Blanchard Judicial Building in the County Criminal department.

Show All Answers

1. What should I do if I am arrested?
2. How do I have a public defender appointed to my case?
3. When is my next court date?
4. What happens if I fail to appear for my court date?
5. How do I know when a trial is scheduled for public viewing?
6. Where can I pay my court fines, fees, restitution, and other costs?
7. Do you accept payments via telephone?
8. How do I get my bond money back now that my case has been disposed?
9. What happens to the evidence submitted in my case? How do I get it back?