What if the landlord will not repair the dwelling?

You may give the landlord a written seven-day notice before the rent comes due to initiate the repairs needed or else you will be moving or withholding the rent. If the landlord fails to make the repairs, you can either move or withhold the rent. If you withhold the rent, the landlord may give a three-day notice for the rent and initiate eviction proceedings. You have the right to post the rent with the Court and have a hearing before a judge.

Show All Answers

1. If a tenant won't pay rent, what can I do to get him out?
2. What is the filing fee for evictions?
3. What do I need to bring to file an eviction?
4. Can you accept a personal check for fees?
5. What if the tenant is doing other things other than not paying the rent, what can be done to get him out?
6. What if I just want my property back?
7. What happens when I file the eviction?
8. What if the tenant moves and leaves possessions in the rental unit?
9. What if the landlord will not repair the dwelling?
10. If I have contention with the landlord over the dwelling, can I post the rent into the registry of the Court?
11. Can the landlord just come in and take possession or change the locks on the dwelling?