E-Recording Help and Information
The Escambia County Clerk of the Circuit Court and Comptroller’s Official Records Department is pleased to offer eRecording through the following vendors, listed in alphabetical order. Please note that the Clerk’s Office is precluded from recommending vendors. For your convenience, we have included a hyperlink to the vendors so that you may easily research each in order to determine which vendor best suits your personal and/or professional needs:
What Is eRecording?
eRecording is the secure online submission of documents to the Clerk’s office for recording in the Official Records of Escambia County. eRecording streamlines the recording process by eliminating the need to mail or deliver documents to the courthouse, saving time and money for both the Clerk’s office and you. With eRecording, you scan your document and use a third-party vendor application to upload the document and associated data. No special equipment is required - just a computer with high speed internet access and a scanner. Funds are transferred using Automated Clearing House (ACH) for recording fees, transfer taxes, and the fee that is paid to the vendor for this process.
The types of documents available for eRecording varies depending on the vendor used. The documents most commonly eRecorded are:
- Assignments of Mortgage
- Notices of Commencement
- Satisfactions of Mortgage
View a list of documents that cannot be eRecorded.
Benefits of eRecording
- Submit documents for recording electronically 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Expedites recording process
- Increases efficiencies, streamlines work flow
- Original documents never leave your possession
- Reduces time delay for recording
Documents That Cannot Be eRecorded
The following document types cannot be processed via eRecording. There may be additional documents not listed:
- Certain Miscellaneous Notices
- Military Discharge (DD-214)
- Notices of Bond
- Notices of Contest of Lien
- Notices of Homestead
- Plat/Maintenance/Right-of-Way Maps
- Transfers of Lien to Cash or Surety Bond