Tourist Development Tax (TDT)


Starting April 1, 2021, TDT must be collected and remitted at a rate equal to 5% of all consideration received from any person who rents, leases, or lets any living quarter or accommodations in any hotel, motel, apartment, rooming house, mobile home park, recreational vehicle park, condominium, or timeshare for a period of six months or less.  Only such persons identified in certain provision of Chapter 212 of the Florida Statutes are exempt from paying tourist development tax.  

All TDT collections in Escambia County are remitted to the Escambia County Clerk of the Circuit Court and Comptroller.  Collections at the new 5% rate shall be remitted as part of the April 2021 TDT Return with a deadline to submit by May 20, 2021. Programming changes to the Excise online portal will be in place to facilitate your submittal.  A link to the approved Ordinance is included below for your review. 

Escambia County Ordinance Sec. 90-65

 Click here to view the official email that has been sent.

Should you have any questions, please call (850) 595-4829 or email

Create an Account

Through this site you have the ability to file your tax return on-line and easily view your account.

To create an account download the registration form (PDF) and visit the Excise Online Tourist Development Tax System website to register.

Please note, if you already have a TDT account with Escambia County, you should have received a letter containing login information for Excise. If you did not receive this letter contact Escambia County at:

Escambia County Clerk of Courts
Tourist Development Tax
221 Palafox Place
Suite 110
Pensacola, FL 32502
Phone: 850-595-4829
Fax: 850-595-4798
Email Tourist Development Tax

Already Registered? 

Log in online at the Excise Online Tourist Development Tax System website.

Who is Affected?

The Tourist Development Tax (TDT) is a 5% tax on the total payment received for the rental or lease of living quarters and accommodations in a: 

  • Apartment
  • Condominium
  • Hotel
  • Mobile home park
  • Mobile home
  • Motel
  • Multiple-unit structure
  • Recreational vehicle park
  • Rooming house
  • Single-family home
  • Trailer
  • Any other sleeping accommodations that are rented for a period of six months or less


Form Disclaimer

Please read the instructions for the forms that you are downloading. Additional forms may be needed depending on your situation.

Note: The forms supplied by the Clerk's office are general in nature and may not meet your specific needs. The Clerk does not guarantee the legal sufficiency of these forms; therefore, you may need to consult with an attorney regarding your particular situation.