The couple must bring a completed marriage application. Marriage license and marriage ceremony appointments are scheduled Monday through Thursday, of 8:30 a.m. - 4:00 and Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. CST, by appointment only.
MARRIAGE LICENSE APPOINTMENT
Before You Make An Appointment
Both parties must be 18 years of age*.
- Both parties are required by law to read the Family Law Handbook.
- Read all of the requirements and instructions below.
Schedule An Appointment
- Select the date and time for the appointment from the options provided.
- The couple must bring a completed marriage application.
- Read and understand the requirements below that list what is required at the appointment. Failure to do so may result in a failure to provide a marriage license. Click here to schedule an appointment.
Florida Resident – If either party is a Florida resident, there is a 3-day waiting period to get married.
Waiver for Florida Resident Waiting Period – Both parties must complete pre-marital counseling by a registered provider. For information, registered provider
Non-Florida Resident – No waiting period.
Required To Bring To Your Appointment
- Both parties must be present.
- Bring the completed and signed application.
- Premarital counseling - Bring the completed premarital counseling certificate for both parties, if applicable.
- I.D. - Both parties must bring their I.D., either a driver’s license, military I.D., visa or passport.
- Social Security Number - Both parties must provide their social security number or alien registration number.
- If you have minor children – If there are minor children in common born in the state of Florida, complete the Affirmation of Common Children form and bring to the appointment. Do not sign, complete only.
- Previously married - If either party has been previously married, the date the last marriage ended and how it ended is required.
- License fee $86.00, without premarital counseling.
- License fee $61, with completed premarital counseling certificates for both parties. If counselor is registered in Escambia County, discount applied and 3 day wait is waived.
- $2.00 fee to administrator the Oath for the Affirmation of Common Children form, if applicable.
- Cash, check, debit or credit card accepted. A 3.5% processing fee will be applied to a credit /debit card transactions.
The marriage license is valid for 60 days and can only be used in the state of Florida
MARRIAGE CEREMONY APPOINTMENT
- You must have a marriage license prior to setting an appointment.
- Marriage ceremonies are performed, by appointment only. Click here to schedule an appointment.
- Fee for the ceremony is $30.00.
*If 17 years of age, a notarized consent form from both parents is required. The other party to the marriage cannot be more than 2 years older than the younger party.
- Where can I obtain a certified copy of a marriage license?
- What is age limit a person can get a marriage license without parental consent?
- If under the age of 18, can I still get a marriage license?
- Is a waiting period required?
- Is a blood test required?
- Who can perform marriage ceremonies?
- If I get a marriage license in the State of Florida, can I take it to another state to be married?
- How long is a marriage license good for?
- Will we have to read any material prior to our marriage license being issued?
- Must I be a Florida resident or a U.S. Citizen to apply for a marriage license?
- Do I need to bring witnesses?
- Can I marry a relative?
- Can I marry a person of the same sex as I am?
- Is my marriage in another state to a person of the same sex recognized in Florida?