A marriage license may be obtained Monday through Friday between the hours of 8:30-4:00pm, by appointment only. Please review all of the requirements below and call 850-595-4300 to schedule your appointment.
Marriage License Requirements
The following must be provided when applying for a marriage license:
- Both parties must be present and have an acceptable form of picture identification such as driver’s license, military I.D., visa or passport.
- Both parties must provide their social security number or alien registration number.
- Both parties must read the Family Law Handbook.
- If either party has been married before, they must provide information on how the last marriage ended and the exact date the marriage ended.
- Both parties must complete the marriage application.
- The cost of the license is $86.00, without premarital counseling. If both parties complete premarital counseling by a registered provider and provide a certificate of completion, the cost of the marriage license is reduced to $61.00.
- There is a 3-day waiting period if either party is a Florida resident, unless both parties have completed premarital counseling by a registered provider.
- Payment options are cash, check, debit or credit card. Visa, Mastercard, Discover or American Express accepted (3.5% processing fee applies).
- The marriage license is valid for 60 days and can only be used in the state of Florida.
- If 17 years of age, a notarized consent form from both parents is required. The other party to the marriage cannot be more than 2 years older than the younger party.
- Marriage ceremonies are performed, by appointment only. The cost of the ceremony is $30.00.
- Where can I obtain a certified copy of a marriage license?
- What is age limit a person can get a marriage license without parental consent?
- If under the age of 18, can I still get a marriage license?
- Is a waiting period required?
- Is a blood test required?
- Who can perform marriage ceremonies?
- If I get a marriage license in the State of Florida, can I take it to another state to be married?
- How long is a marriage license good for?
- Will we have to read any material prior to our marriage license being issued?
- Must I be a Florida resident or a U.S. Citizen to apply for a marriage license?
- Do I need to bring witnesses?
- Can I marry a relative?
- Can I marry a person of the same sex as I am?
- Is my marriage in another state to a person of the same sex recognized in Florida?