Divorce / Simplified Dissolution of Marriage

You may file a Petition for Simplified Dissolution of Marriage in Florida at the Clerk's Office if all of the following are true:

  1. You and/or your spouse must have lived in Florida for at least 6 months before filing for a dissolution
  2. You and your spouse agree that the marriage cannot be saved
  3. You and your spouse have no minor or dependent child(ren) together and the wife is not now pregnant
  4. You and your spouse have worked out how the two of you will divide the things that you both own (your assets) and who will pay what part of the money you both owe (your liabilities), and you are both satisfied with this division.
  5. You are not seeking support (alimony) from your spouse, and vice versa
  6. Neither you nor your spouse wish to have any financial information other than that provided in the financial affidavits.
  7. You are willing to give up your right to trial and to appeal
  8. You and your spouse are both willing to go into the clerk's office to sign the petition (not necessarily together)
  9. You and your spouse are both willing to go to the final hearing (at the same time)