Skip to main content Skip to navigation
November 18, 2019     
Skip Navigation LinksHome > Court Services > Criminal Traffic
Court Services - Criminal Traffic

A Criminal Traffic Offense is a violation that may subject a defendant, upon conviction, to incarceration. Criminal offenses require a court appearance and can carry penalties including fines/costs, probation, and/or incarceration.

Some examples of a Criminal Traffic Offense include, but are not limited to:

  • no valid driver's license
  • driving while license suspended/revoked
  • reckless driving
  • attaching tag not assigned

Contact Information

Traffic Division

Telephone: (850) 595-4360   

Room 13001 - First Floor
190 W Government St
Pensacola, Florida  32502
Clerk of the Circuit Court
Traffic Division
P.O. Box 333
Pensacola, Florida  32591-0333

Frequently Asked Questions

How long do I have to pay my traffic citation?
Civil Infractions citations are due to be paid within 30 calendar days from the date of issuance.

What happens if my traffic citation is not paid timely?
An indefinite suspension will be placed against the drivers license until all fines, late fees, and reinstatement fees are paid.

How can I obtain my driver's license history?
The Clerk's office can provide you with an official printed copy of your driver's record for a small fee.

What forms of payment do you accept?
Generally, the Clerk's Office accepts cash, personal check, Mastercard, Visa, Discover, and American Express for the payment of filing fees and fines. 

Where can I pay my court fines, fees, and other costs?
You may pay your court fines, fees, and other costs using either of the four methods below.  However, some traffic violations require that you show proof of insurance, drivers license, or other required items before the traffic citation can be considered closed. Failure to do so may result in the suspension of the defendant's drivers license.

  1. Pay in person at our Traffic department located on the first floor of the M.C. Blanchard Judicial Building, 190 W Government St., Pensacola, FL
  2. Pay by phone using a Mastercard, Visa, Discover, or American Express.
  3. Send a check by mail to the Clerk's office, payable to "Clerk of Court"
  4. Pay online

Do you accept payments via telephone?
Yes, we accept payments for traffic fines, court costs, and service charges over the phone using Mastercard, Visa, Discover, and American Express. Payments may be made by calling the Clerk's Traffic Division. The name on the card and the name of the person authorizing payment (the caller) must be the same, unless the card is registered to a business account. A credit card processing fee will be charged for each payment made by phone.

When is my next court date?
For criminal traffic cases, call 850-595-4360 from 8:00 AM until 5:00 PM Monday through Friday.

What if I cannot pay my traffic citation within 30 calendar days?
If you are unable to pay your ticket within the 30-day timeframe, you must call the Traffic Division at 850-595-4360 to request a one-time 30-day extension to pay the fine or apply for participation in the Clerk’s Partial Payment Program in order to avoid having your drivers license suspended. If the defendant elects the 30-day extension, and the ticket remains unpaid at the end of the 30 days, no further extensions will be granted and the defendant must enter the Clerk’s Partial Payment Program in order to avoid suspension of the defendant’s drivers license.

How do I elect to attend a driver improvement course for my citation?
This election is for moving traffic citations not requiring a mandatory court appearance (i.e. speeding in excess of 30 MPH). You may not elect to attend driver improvement school for any violation if you hold a commercial drivers license

  • You may elect this option no more than once every 12 months and no more then 5 times within a 10 year period.
  • You may appear in person at the Traffic Division to make this election.
  • If you choose to make this election by mail, you must complete and submit the Traffic Ticket Options Form along with the payment for court cost within 30 days from the date of your citation. You may also contact the Traffic Division at 850-595-460 for the amount of court cost due.
  • You will be given 90 days to complete a Florida approved basic driver improvement course and provide the completion certificate to the Traffic Division. Your 90 days begins the day you make the election to attend the driver improvement school. You may hand deliver the completed certificate to our office, or mail it to Clerk of the Circuit Court, Attn: Traffic Division, P.O. Box 333, Pensacola, Florida 32501. Failure to comply will result in a notice for a suspension of your drivers license to the Department of Motor Vehicles including assessment of additional court costs, fines, and service charges.
  • You may receive mail from private driver improvement schools or you may contact local schools listed in the phone directory under “Traffic School” or “Driving Instruction”. Additional information may also be found on the website for Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles at

What are the benefits of attending driver improvement school?
One, no points will be assessed against your drivers license, an two, attending driver improvement school to satisfy the violation will be entered on your driver history record as an “adjudication withheld”.

What happens if I do not attend the driver improvement school I elected?
If you fail to meet the driver school election requirements, you will be adjudicated guilty of the offense and points will be assessed against your license.

What happens if my ticket is not paid timely?
An indefinite suspension will be placed against your drivers license until all fines, late fees, and reinstatement fees are paid. If your ticket remains unpaid 30-days from the date of your drivers license suspension, your account is turned over to a collection agency.

Who do I contact if my citation/case has been turned over to the collection agency?
Once your account has been turned over to collections, you have forfeited your right to participate in the Clerk’s partial payment program and you must deal directly with the collection agency for payment information and instructions.

What is a D-6 clearance?
A D-6 is a clearance form showing that you have met all court requirements and/or have paid all outstanding traffic citations. You must provide this form to DHSMV in order to have your drivers license reinstated. The Escambia County Clerk's Traffic Division can reinstate your drivers license for a fee of $47.50.

How can I seek return of a cash bond after it has been forfeited or estreated by the Court for failure of the defendant to appear in court?
Before a final order is entered in a case, a depositor of a cash bond may seek relief from the Court for return of a forfeited cash bond. The Clerk’s office provides a form motion that can be filed with the Court to seek this relief. The Court may set a court date to hear arguments from you, the State Attorney, and the Clerk's office. The Court will decide whether the cash bond should be returned to the person who deposited the cash bond. You are responsible for providing a copy of the completed motion to the State Attorney's Office and to the General Counsel for the Escambia County Clerk of Court and Comptroller. Click here to download the motion.