Skip to main content Skip to navigation
January 23, 2019     
Skip Navigation LinksHome > Court Services > Name Change
Court Services - Name Change

The Name Change process is used when an individual or a family wants to ask the court to change their name. If one parent asks for a name change of a minor child(ren), the process MUST be served on the other parent and proof of service on the other parent must be filed with the court. See Florida Statute 68.07 for legal authority for Name Change.

All name change petitions, except where a former name is being restored, must include a copy of the petitioner’s fingerprints taken by a law enforcement agency, including children ages 5 and older.  Fingerprint cards may be obtained at the Escambia County Sheriff's Office.

Contact Information

Family Law Division

Telephone: (850) 595-4331   

Room 23012 - Second Floor
190 W Government St
Pensacola, Florida  32502
Clerk of the Circuit Court
Family Law Division
P.O. Box 333
Pensacola, Florida  32591-0333

Frequently Asked Questions

Where may I find additional information on this subject?


Please read the instructions for the forms that you are downloading.
Additional forms may be needed depending on your situation.

NOTE: The forms supplied by the Clerk's office are general in nature and may not meet your specific needs. The Clerk does not guarantee the legal sufficiency of these forms; therefore, you may need to consult with an attorney regarding your particular situation.

Related Resources

NOTE: Most of the "Related Resource" links above are not maintained by the Clerk.